- Raises your new build loft floor by 300mm avoiding insulation compression, saving you energy and money.
- Creates a raised loft floor above up to 400mm of quilt insulation
- Avoids insulation compression saving energy and money
- Strong enough to walk on and store up to 50Kg per square metre
- Manufactured in the UK from recycled materials
How many loft legs do I need?
The amount of loft legs you require will depend on the size of chip board flooring you are using, the space between you joists and the area you are looking to cover. An easy calculation can be made, just download the calculation PDF HERE.
The Loft Leg XL is a unique solution to avoid insulation compression when using your new build home's loft for storage.
Government guidelines recommend that we insulate with 270mm of quit insulation to achieve a U value of 0.16W/m2K. However new build homes can be installed with up to 400mm of insulation to meet stricter insulation targets.
Thermal studies have shown that compressing your insulation can reduce its thermal properties by more than 50%.
A 300mm Loft Leg XL fixed on top of a 100mm truss or ceiling joist provides a cost effective solution.
Developed by a team of engineers and designers the Loft Leg XL is strong, lightweight and easy to install.
The Loft Leg is manufactured in the UK from recycled polypropylene, to ISO9001 standards and has been mechanically tested by independent experts.