- Fire retardant downlight cover for safe, energy efficient installation of downlights in the loft.
- Creates a safe, airtight cover over downlights in a loft
- Reduces heat loss and drafts through ceiling
- Reduces the risk of downlights overheating and house fires
- Complies with current building regulations and tested to all relevant British Standards
The Loft Lid is a simple solution for the safe installation of downlights in a loft space.
The Loft Lid creates a protective barrier or cover over downlights to prevent over heating and house fires. The design ensures loft insulation does not directly contact downlights and that there is sufficient ventilation around the light for heat dissipation.
The Loft Lid also eliminates heat loss and air leakage into the loft space and allows for a continuous layer of insulation to be laid over the top of the lid to comply with current building regulations.
he unique shape enables the product to be easily installed even when downlights are located close to roof joists or trusses and provides sufficient volume for all major brands of downlighters up to a maximum power rating of 50W. * Please note that Dichroic bulbs are NOT suitable for use in a loft. Do not use with the Loft Lid.
The Loft Lid also creates an effective dust, acoustic and pest/insect seal and is extremely easy to install. Better still it is designed and manufactured in the UK, made from fire retardant material and has been tested and approved to British Standards by the UK Lighting Industry Association.
Tested and approved to:
BS EN 60695-2-11
BS EN 60695 -11-5
BS EN 60598-1 (Clause 12.4)
*Tested with a 50W downlight.